New CDC Travel RulesPosted on 01/18/2021
Altair Leisure Manager discusses the new CDC Travel Rules with Heidi Glaus and Josh Gilbert on 550 KTRS!
Melissa Garrison, who has been to Mexico THREE times since October, talks about the safety protocols resorts have put in place to keep their staff and guests safe. Some of the protocols she mentions are listed below...
- Limited amount of guests at the resort to make it safe for everyone.
- Silverware is given to guests in plastic bags.
- Employees wear double masks.
- Employees wear gloves.
She also discusses the (DIRECT) flights to Mexico from STL. Melissa flew Frontier and some of the protocols they have enforced include...
- Frontier is leaving the aisle seats open - so people walking down the aisle are not brushing up against parties they are not traveling with.
- Frontier is not serving food or drinks - Melissa encourages guests to grab your drink/food of choice before you get on the plane!
What to know about the New CDC Guidelines…
- Effective January 26, 2021.
- You will have to have a COVID test prior to entering the United States if you have traveled internationally. Even if you are a citizen on vacation!
- The only exception is children under 2 years old.
- Where do you get the test? A lot of the resorts are going to be hosting an in-resort station for the COVID tests.
- Your Altair agent will be the best contact in understanding how the resort you are traveling to will be handling the COVID testing requirements.
- What happens if you test positive? In the unlikely event you test positive for COVID-19, you will not be able to board the plane until you receive a negative COVID-19 test.... While you quarantine, many of the resorts are offering discounts and/or free stays in specific location on property.
If you are planning to travel soon...
Now more than ever you NEED travel insurance!