Collette's Alaska: America's Last Frontier
Alaska: America's Last Frontier
- Gold Mining
- Trans-Alaska Pipeline
- Dog Mushing
- Denali National Park
- Tundra Wilderness Tour
- Musk Ox Farm
- Prince William Sound Glacier Cruise
9 days - 13 Meals - 8 Breakfasts - 2 Lunches - 3 Dinners
Days - Flow: 3 Nights Fairbanks, 2 Nights Denali, 1 Nights Talkeetna, 2 Nights
- Visit the Trans-Alaska Pipeline in Fairbanks
- Take the scenic dome train from Fairbanks to Denali
- Full day Tundra Wilderness Tour in Denali National Park where travelers will learn about the history of the park and see some of its incredible wildlife
- Enjoy an orientation tour of Anchorage
- Travel to Whittier for a glacier cruise on the Prince William Sound
- Learn the techniques of gold panning from two local sisters before trying to get rich yourself
- Visit the kennel of a four-time Iditarod champion. During this private experience Collette travelers will enjoy a tour and interact with the pups before seeing them in action. After, we stay for a meal where we will be joined by professional mushers!
- Meet a local in Talkeetna and enjoy a discussion on the down-to-earth Alaskan lifestyle
- Visit a Musk Ox Farm and learn about what they are doing to protect and increase awareness of these wooly creatures
- Meet and learn from Alaska Natives as they share their stories, culture and traditional crafts with you. Take a peek inside the different homes of the regions indigenous people
Choice on Tour (included): In Denali National Park, you’ll have the choice between two activities. Your first option is to join your Tour Manager for an easy hike along one of the marked trails just outside the Visitors Center. Walk among wildflowers in bloom and discover gorgeous views in every direction. Your second option is to take a bus into the park where you’ll meet up with a ranger to meet the park’s sled dogs and tour the kennels. These working pups help rangers reach remote parts of the park and are reflective of Alaska’s traditional wilderness transportation.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.